Sep 17, 2009

Pretty Pet Food Holder

I hate buying cat food...not just because its another expense like toothpaste, but because we have to keep buying the small bags that cost twice as much as if you buy a BIG bag. I'm all about getting the cheapest deal possible. We buy the small bags because we live in a small apartment and there isn't any room to put the BIG bag.

So, you can imagine my excitement when I found a cute way to store a bigger bag of cat food:
*Hint: look at the very bottom of the picture

I didn't want to buy a bucket...ok I can't afford to spend $15 on one of those metal ones...so I used one of these:
I painted it with the interior premium paint sample that Glidden sent me for free a month or so ago...printed out "Kitty Food" in some cute font, mod podged it on there and voila:

An instant money and space saver. Makes me so happy.


Posted Here
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

15 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Good job! Even better that you found a cheaper way to do something cute.

Debbie @ OtRD said...

What a great idea! That turned out great and looks so cute.

paula said...

what a smart idea. looks great!

Ceci and Steven said...

Nice work!! I wish you lived closer, we could share ideas on cute space saving ideas!

The Edwards Family said...

Excellent idea and good way to save money!!! I am not good at that kind of stuff so way to go!

Danielle said...

That is so cute and super resourceful! Thanks for sharing :) I love your blog & look forward to following.

HirondelleRustique said...

Ooh I love your idea! I'd love to try that with our dog food, although we'd need 3 or 4 tins ;) Your blog is so cute!

ammunk said...

way to be resourceful! I am impressed!

Elizabeth said...

That turned out really cute!

The Bearded Lady (Laura) said...

I love this altered popcorn tin!! Great thinking!!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Great idea!! I just happen to have one of those 'not so pretty' popcorn tins. Why did I not think of painting it... hello! Thank you for the inspiration!
~Jennifer
www.studiojru.com

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

This turned out adorable! I adore those tins...I see them everywhere! Thanks for sharing your take on them...I think I see one in my future =)

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

That turned out so great! I have my dog food in an ugly container. I'm going to go on a hunt for one of those tins.

Love this project!

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

Great idea! I love it!

AutumnBrooke said...

lol that is so funny. They DO look identical.