Jan 16, 2012

Craft Cuts & Sneak Peek of the Nursery

I am a huge fan of decorating with letters, especially in nurseries.  I decided that I wanted to hang an "A" and an "M" for Allie and Macsen in their room above their beds and I had a very specific style in mind.  



I looked EVERYWHERE for letters that would work, but no craft stores had anything even close to what I wanted.  Then my mom found and posted this website just for me on Pinterest.

Craft Cuts.com has just about anything you could need when it comes to decorative lettering.  They have painted and unpainted wood letters in all sizes and fonts you could need.  They also have vinyl lettering and quotes (which I know people are loving right now) and at REALLY great prices.  

I got a letter "A" and letter "M" in the unpainted baltic birch wood so that I could stain it with a dark wood color and the grain would still show through.  I got them a little thinner so I could hang them easily, and got them 16" tall.   I LOVE how they turned out:



Bedroom Reveal HERE

More pictures of the kids' NEW bedrooms below:

Macsen's Patriotic Bedroom
Allie's Polka Dot Bedroom

More posts of Our Home Here

Follow me on Instagram for more @jesshills

Check out my other blog!

Follow me on Facebook here


Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

19 comments:

Candice said...

So cute! You'll have to come decorate my house sometime so it can look as nice as yours ;)

Biz said...

I just discovered this website myself and ordered a letter from them! They had amazing prices compared to other online retailers!!!

Biz

Janiegirl said...

I love the wood grain showing through, If your looking for large letters again I found some at joann fabrics. I linked an example of what I found. Good Luck with the rest of the room!

http://www.janiegirlcrafts.com/2011/08/where-did-last-week-go.html

Kellie Collis said...

Gorgeous monograms! These bedrooms are lovely! Have a delightful weekend, Kellie xx

Zappe Family said...

What font did you pick for the big M and A? I LOVE the size and font choice. I just can't seem to match that M exactly. That's what I'm looking for too!

Jess said...

Quorum Blk BT is the font I used for the M and the A. Good luck!

Zappe Family said...

Thank you for the info! :)

Raquel Teira said...

Can you pretty please tell me where the bedding in this photo came from, or who manufactures it? I want it sooooo badly for my 2 year old Charlotte! Thank you!!

Raquel Teira

Jess said...

I am not sure about the bedding, but it came from this blog:
http://taliaaudenart.blogspot.com/
Good luck!

Hudson Family said...

Did you get the 1/8" thickness for the letters?

Hudson Family said...

Did you get the 1/8" thick letters?

Jess said...

Yeah, I am pretty sure that is the thickness I bought...but it shouldn't really matter for the final look what thickness the letters are (if you are trying to cut costs definitely the thinnest will look just as good!)

Kristi said...

What font is the M and how many inches tall?

Jess said...

Quorum Blk BT is the font I used for the M and the A. The height is about 16"

Marilyn said...

If you're like me and don't want to wait for anything to be shipped, you can get these at Hobby Lobby. They have a nice assortment - cheap too!

Beth said...

Hi! I found your blog via Pinterest and am excited to be a follower! I have a question about your project if you don't mind my asking. What type of font did you select and what brand/color was the stain you used? I am looking for "K" for my entryway. And, I am getting ready to stain my desk, which is pine, and I love the color you chose! Thanks!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi I realise that this blog is a while ago but was wondering if you had any idea where the yellow bed cover came from. I am doing up a boy and girl room in yellow and grey so was wondering where this came from. Thanks marnie.
marniemartil@gmail.com

av女優 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.