Apr 28, 2017

New House: Kitchen and Entry

Okay, so my house was clean for a minute and I grabbed my camera and got a few shots- HOWEVER, I have already moved some things around and my table is in now, and I have a few things I am changing...haha!  So take them for what they are ;)




Definitely need to give my porch some TLC - waiting for the weather to get nice!
Rug from Target


Morovian Star Light from Joss and Main
Wall color: Benjamin Moore Classic Gray
Trim color: Sherwin Williams High Contrast White 


I LOVE the work the finish carpenter did in the house.  He even added this picture shelf for me with no extra charge!  The craftsman trim is so fun and makes the house a little more masculine.  I was trying to combine a feminine classic look with some masculine touches and added some black finishes to contrast all the white and light walls and floors.  The gray island and fireplace does this too.  More of the fireplace when I can design the living room :)


Island color: Sherwin Williams Dorian Gray

Originally, my kitchen was designed to be gray bottom cabinets and a white island with white upper cabinets.  During the process, our cabinet people mixed them up and refused to fix it so we kept it how it is.  I don't hate it, but am still a little bummed it looks much different than I wanted it to.  Still love my kitchen and the cabinets though!


This couch is temporarily here while we finish the basement.  We will be redesigning the living room once the basement is finished.  I have also added bamboo roman shades and I LOVE them.  Can't wait to show you how the room looks with them in.

Chandelier and pendants from Home Depot here and here and light bulbs are Edison style
Horse Artwork from Hobby Lobby
Rug in dining area from Rugs USA


The lighting was the hardest thing to get right in the house.  Not only do we have vaulted ceilings to work with, but we had these two sets of lights that needed to go well since they are close together.  I also wanted the chandelier to make a statement and Trey wanted Edison bulbs somewhere in the house.  I chose the chandelier then spent a month looking for the perfect pendants to go with it.  I wasn't even sure with these ones when they came in the mail, but I wanted to add a little gold/brass and these turned out even better than I had thought they would, especially with the color of the Edison bulb.



Orchid is real and from Smith's
Baskets mostly from Home Goods




Target vase, succulent from Hobby Lobby
Thermometer is an antique
Cutting board from Ikea


Recipe box from Rifle Paper Co.
Cement utensil holder from Home Goods
Porcelain bunnies are antiques


I put glass cabinets on the far right side and above the fridge for a few different reasons: they are harder to reach and I knew that I wanted to only put pretty dishes that I didn't use as much here.  Also, the space of the oven and vent hood is pretty light and I thought that it would make the ends of my kitchen look heavy to have all that glass right around the oven and then solid cabinets on both ends.  I also like that it is a little different than where most kitchens have them- different is fun! haha!


Suculent: Marshalls
Cement candle: Target



My oven is the best part of my kitchen!  I never knew I could enjoy cooking! haha!  It cooks so evenly both inside and on the burners and its not so bad to look at either! ;)  The vent hood was a pain...with vaulted ceilings just do a custom wood vent hood and save yourself the headache.  But, I really like the look of how it turned out.


I splurged on my kitchen hardware.  I got polished nickel knobs and handles because they were the only ones I really got excited about- and if you have seen our old kitchen you know how much I love my kitchen hardware.  Seriously though, it makes SUCH a difference in the look of your kitchen!


Rug from Target here I think the runner is sold out though...


Farmhouse lights from Lowes
As you can see, I went with chrome doorknobs inside the house.  I LOVE them...but now that I am decorating I think that I would have loved the oil-rubbed bronze ones just as much.  I was really torn between the two!


Barstools are from my cousin and I can't remember where they are from.
Our counter tops are quartz and a flecked white color.  We also have an extra thick edge on them- I totally love that!  My corbels were made for Alder cabinets but I put in a special request to have them with my shaker-style because I loved that they added a little more traditional look.  I love mixing traditional and modern elements along with different styles in the house- no rules here! ;)


Comment if you want to know any other product info :)

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

2 comments:

Kristina said...

STOP IT!!!!!!!! Your house is amazing!!!! I want to see more!! MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!

Jess said...

😂😂 lol I will post more as soon as I finish more rooms 👍🏻