Jun 24, 2013

Patriotic Boy Room

When I found out we were going to be able to get into a house and Macsen would get his own room I immediately started planning how I wanted to do an "all-boy" room.  I loved so many that I had seen and was probably the most excited to do his room than any other room in the house!  You can see some of the ideas I had here.

When I told my mom what kind of theme I was going for she said she had the perfect thing for me. This antique American flag was my great-grandpa's who served as a chauffeur to generals in WWI.  How cool is that?  Even though it is a little overpowering in this little room, I still love it and love what it stands for and that it belonged to an ancestor.




Bed is a hand-me-down from our parents and its fun to know that our kids will sleep in the same beds their dad slept in!


Curtains were a gift, but you can get them at Ikea for $20.  Giraffe pillow from Chic Decor Pillows.


Blue toy box from Ikea- also a gift.  The dresser was a hand-me-down too.


Letter "M" from Craftcuts.
Laundry Hamper was a wedding present (from Bed Bath and Beyond.)


I love this antique red box my mom gave me.  She used it as a button box and it is still full of old and new buttons- some are really cool!  I just liked it in Macsen's room since I don't have red anywhere else in the house.


My father-in-law is a dentist and he did the mold of Macsen's hand.  The giraffe is from Walmart.


Horse head book-end is from Goodwill and box next to the rocking chair is from Ikea but I got it at Goodwill.  Basket is also thrifted.  Bookcase was a hand-me-down (oak that I painted white.)  Velvet pillows are also a hand-me-down (all from our grandparents that have passed away and its nice to have things around that remind us of them once in a while.)


Frames from Walmart, pictures taken by me.

I think this whole room cost me $20 thanks to all my nice parents and grandparents.  It is really fun to have both sides of the family and memories of them all in one room!

I will be sharing this post HERE
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

3 comments:

Rasmussen Family said...

love that flag! what a great way to make a statement art piece

The Boho Abode said...

I really love the space you've created for Macsen. I am a huge fan of vintage, and items from ancestors. The flag and bed are my favorite parts. They make my heart melt!

LV said...

You have done wonders on the little fellows room at a budget price. You were smart keeping some of the family treasures. I wish I had kept more, but too late now. When you are younger, things are not as important as when you get older. You are a very pretty girl.