Jul 11, 2011

Living Room Remix

If you like change like I do, you get bored of your home every six months, pretty much on the dot.  Since moving wasn't in the cards this time, I decided to mix things up a little bit.  There are so many little easy and cheap things you can do to change things up in your home.

First of all: Declutter
Getting rid of odds and ends that you don't really need (or don't need out where everyone can see) makes SUCH a huge difference in the way your place looks.


Accent Pillows
They are so easy to change and inexpensive if you buy fabric on sale or clearance.  I took all my mismatched pillows and made 4 faux leather covers for them.  I LOVE them!


Picture Collages/Big Statement Pictures
You can tell I'm a photographer when you walk in my house because I hang photos EVERYWHERE.  They are inexpensive when you buy frames secondhand and get your pics printed online.  I actually really like this online company when they have deals going.  Just don't print at Costco or Walmart, unless you don't care how they look I guess.  It is fun to be able to change them with the seasons.



Accent Lighting
I actually just bought these paper lanterns secondhand for 50 cents each and strung white Christmas lights through them.  You can find all sorts of cool lamps in secondhand stores or yard sales.




There are still things I need to work on in this room...but for now I am happy with the changes.

What are some things you do to mix things up in your homes?

This will be posted HERE
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

5 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

I love to change the accent color. Spray paint has major impact and is so cheap and easy. Spray picture fames, vases, and objects.

Everyday Art said...

We are in a phase of life where we move a lot and I always wonder if when we finally settle down that I'll get really bored with the way things are.... :) good tips for keeping it interesting.

THE.PAINTED.STUDIO said...

I am in love with neutral rooms. I think your room is stunning.

cheryl

www.paintedstudio.blogspot.com

Ginger said...

looks peaceful, do you have kids? Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

Kaitlin Saenz said...

Looks great! I LOVE your clock!! Can you please tell me more about it...where did you get it? Did you make it?

I'm visiting from New Nostalgia! I'd love for you to share this with my {re}create into something new blog party too at http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/2011/07/recreate-into-something-new-3.html

Hope to see you at my place soon!
Kaitlin-The Not So Simple Housewife
http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com