Mar 12, 2011

Pilates Workout Review: Ana Caban

Before I had Allie I used to go to the gym five to six days a week.  I would run on the treadmill for 30-60 minutes and then do some strength training for about 20 minutes on average.  I was in pretty good shape.  Lately I have really been missing the way I felt when I was in shape I decided to look for something I could do at home.  I browsed online for other options and saw a lot of great reviews on Ana Caban's beginning pilates mat workout.  This looked perfect for me.  So, I contacted Ana and asked if she would let me do a review.  She was so sweet and even autographed the copy she sent me.


The workout DVD is only 30 minutes long, but I have to say I was pretty sore the next day, even though I had been doing Pilates previously.  I love that Ana moves from one thing to another pretty quickly without a lot of talking in between so you don't get bored.  I also like that she explains things really well and while you are doing the exercise so it makes sense.   It is easy enough for beginners, but Ana has 2 examples of how to do the positions so you can get more advanced when it gets a little too easy.

 I would definitely recommend this DVD for someone who is just beginning and even to those who are relatively active. 

Thanks for the chance to review your DVD Ana!
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

3 comments:

Karena said...

Jess, this amazimg because I want to get back into palates...it has been awhile, and I would like to do it at home!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I love pilates. It is a great workout. And I have another Ana DVD that is very good too.

Jess said...

You should try it Karena! I want to try some of her other DVDs too so thanks for mentioning that Sharon.