Mar 12, 2011

Pilates Workout Review: Ana Caban

Before I had Allie I used to go to the gym five to six days a week.  I would run on the treadmill for 30-60 minutes and then do some strength training for about 20 minutes on average.  I was in pretty good shape.  Lately I have really been missing the way I felt when I was in shape I decided to look for something I could do at home.  I browsed online for other options and saw a lot of great reviews on Ana Caban's beginning pilates mat workout.  This looked perfect for me.  So, I contacted Ana and asked if she would let me do a review.  She was so sweet and even autographed the copy she sent me.


The workout DVD is only 30 minutes long, but I have to say I was pretty sore the next day, even though I had been doing Pilates previously.  I love that Ana moves from one thing to another pretty quickly without a lot of talking in between so you don't get bored.  I also like that she explains things really well and while you are doing the exercise so it makes sense.   It is easy enough for beginners, but Ana has 2 examples of how to do the positions so you can get more advanced when it gets a little too easy.

 I would definitely recommend this DVD for someone who is just beginning and even to those who are relatively active. 

Thanks for the chance to review your DVD Ana!

3 comments:

Karena said...

Jess, this amazimg because I want to get back into palates...it has been awhile, and I would like to do it at home!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I love pilates. It is a great workout. And I have another Ana DVD that is very good too.

Jess said...

You should try it Karena! I want to try some of her other DVDs too so thanks for mentioning that Sharon.