Jan 15, 2011

Yantra Mat Review


Have you heard of Yantra Mat?



You don’t need to be interested in yoga or acupressure in order to use the Yantra Mat. Just lie down, and the mat will take care of your rest.
In minutes, you’ll feel warmth along the parts of your body touching the mat – that’s an increase in blood flow, a natural response to acupressure. Improved circulation means lower blood pressure and better nutrient delivery.
Additionally, the Yantra Mat’s 8,820 acupressure points provoke the kind of clarity and focus that usually comes with prolonged meditation or intense physical activity. A more relaxed state further improves circulation.
Not surprisingly, people fall asleep on the Yantra Mat all the time.

Acupressure

The healing art of acupressure has its roots in traditional Chinese medicine. Scriptures written over 4,000 years ago describe "nail beds" that were used to heal the body and mind.
Says Wikipedia: “Reviews of acupressure clinical trials have been conducted… according to the protocols of evidence-based medicine; for most conditions they have concluded tremendous effectiveness in well-conducted clinical trials.”
Acupressure may even induce the release of endorphins and oxytocin, the body’s own pain-relieving and happiness hormones. And there is some evidence that it increases metabolism as well.

My experience:

Yantra sent me a mat to review.  The day it came I had a headache and was stressed out.  I had a little break so I rolled it up and layed on the floor with the mat behind my head.  Within just a few minutes my headache had eased significantly and I felt much more relaxed.

I really like to lay on it just before I go to bed.  I always have a hard time falling asleep, but seem to be a lot more relaxed and fall asleep quicker on the nights I use it.




I definitely recommend this to those that have sleeping issues and stress in their life.
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

No comments: