Hello Everyone! Thanks for stopping by today and participating in my Favorite Things Friday Party!! I have been very excited about this, and have been a little worried, I'm not going to lie. However, even if only one or two people link up today, I will still keep it up and hopefully we'll keep our group growing.
I thought I would share one of my favorite things, and something that is very fitting for the first Mclinky party. Sorry there will be no pictures, so my post is a little boring...
One of my favorite things lately has been BLOGGING
There are so many reasons I love to blog. First off, I just have to say that I don't like using the word blog or blogging. I think it is just as bad as twitter or tweeting...
I first started blogging to share with my family a little scrapbook/journal so they could see family pictures and know what we were up to. If you look back on the first posts on my blog you will probably laugh because you can tell I didn't know ANYTHING about blogger and didn't really love doing it.
After a while, and after reading other blogs, I decided to write about the things that I wanted to. I wanted to change my url and title...The Hills Are Alive was taken, so that's where thehillsarelivin came in, and I decided to go with the Sound of Music theme...hence A Few of My Favorite Things. I love to share with others my favorite things in life, and sometimes just the thoughts going through my head. I really like to see what makes people happy; what makes them tick, and I thought that by starting this blog hop I could better understand the people that I am associated with through blogging.
So, here are the main reasons I LOVE BLOGGING:
1. It gives me a place to organize my thoughts
2. It allows me to re-establish old friendships and establish new friendships without even having to put on makeup, get dressed, or leave the house!
3. It has been a discovery of things I never even knew I loved:
Fashion (You mean t-shirts and jeans aren't stylish?)
Crafting & Sewing (I know Mom, right? I'll bet you never saw that day coming...)
"Thrifting" (yes that is a verb in blogworld)
4. It has been a source if inspiration and helped me think more creatively (especially in photography & interior design)
5. It has boosted my self-confidence level - I am shy, I write my feelings and other personal things, people give me nice comments, I find it easier to open up to others
6. It has improved my photography skills by 300% (photography blogs, ideas from inspirational images, etc.)
I know I could think of more reasons, but you get the point and I am going on WAY too long.
So, without further ado, please share with us what some of your favorite things are! The possibilities for this really are endless...
Make sure you link to the post, rather than just your blog (unless your entire blog is about all of your favorite things :)
Try to check out some of the other links if you get the chance and share some comments.
Please take my button and get your friends out to join in!
Thanks so much and have fun with it!