Jan 24, 2013

7 Weight Loss Tips

There is nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable in your clothes because of some extra weight put on- whether it is from having a baby or the holidays.  I seem to gain those extra pesky 5 pounds every year in the Spring...not sure why- maybe because I am extra lazy from Jan-March and they catch up with me.  But, I have a few tips that can help out those of you trying to get rid of a few extra pounds that don't require a lot of self-discipline or time.

1.  Don't slow down.  My husband always makes fun of me because I seem to do things at a speed that most people would interpret as rushed or ridiculously hurried...But, I think the extra spills and messes are worth it for the extra calories burned and all the things I can get done in a day :) I love these tips to burn more calories in simple ways.

2.  Listen to your body.  When it comes to eating, sleep, and exercise I always pay a lot of attention to what my body is telling me it needs.  I have decided I need 8-10 hours of sleep (partly because it is interrupted) but sleep makes all the difference to me!  Also, when I am just craving chocolate I grab a handful of dark chocolate chips.  And when I am hungry, I eat.  I just try to make healthy food decisions, but I don't keep anything off limits- just in moderation.



3. Don't get sucked into fad diets.  They may work the first time you do them, but you will put the weight right back on after you stop eating that crazy way.  Counting calories and getting those calories from a balanced & healthy diet is always best.

4. Find non-food ways to reward yourself.  Whether its taking a nap, bath, reading, watching TV, getting outside or going shopping, there are plenty of ways you can do this.


5. Also, don't misinterpret something you are wanting for hunger.  Sometimes all you need is a glass of water, to get warm (especially during those cold winter days) or even to find something to do (boredom can cause unnecessary eating)

6. Don't eat late at night!  This is the hardest thing for me!  Sometimes if I need to lose a couple pounds I will just stop eating after dinner and they come off in no time.

7. Love yourself and stay positive.  The worst thing for me to do is focus on the parts of my body that I am hating at the time.  The best thing I can do is look at the parts I like and appreciate having a healthy body than enables me to do so much.  Then, as the weight starts coming off I start focusing on how much better I feel and how much better I like parts of my body.


I know that I am young and have good genes, but I know a lot of people that don't and these things seem to help them too.  The important thing is NOT the number on the scale, but the way you feel about yourself and your body.  Hopefully some of you will be able to use some of these tips too! :)

image credits can be found here
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

3 comments:

Sara said...

SO true!! Love these tips and they all work too! I esp. know that the no eating at night thing works...at least for me!

Karena said...

Great words of wisdom!! I am trying to maintain, having another surgery and then will be glad when I can do rehab!

Xoxo
Karena
New 2013 Artists Series

R's Rue said...

Great tips!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com