Feb 28, 2011

10 Reasons I Blog

I often ask myself if I really need to blog.  I mean, it takes up more time than I should let it, but balancing my time has never been my strong point.  Besides the time, I really haven't found reasons why not to.  But, why do it?  Here are my top ten reasons:

1. Its fun.

2. It is a creative outlet for me.


3. It inspires me.  For my photography, style, and life in general.

4. It lets me see that there are so many good people in the world; and that many of them blog.


5. I get free stuff.  Who doesn't love that?  Giveaways, reviews, advertising, etc.  Often they are things that I had been wanting or things I was going to buy anyway (money saver.)

6. I get to relate to others in ways that I need (especially motherhood), and also see the world through the perspectives of others (different opinions than my own.)


7. It helps me be more patient with my toddler, especially when I hear stories from other moms.

8. It helps me count my blessings...I am, after all, blogging about my "favorite things."

9. It helps me define my personal style (i.e. photography, decor, fashion) and learn more about myself.


10. Because I get bored easily...there are always new things to see/think about in "blogland."

So, why do you blog?
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

5 comments:

Karena said...

Jess the connections and new friendships are invaluable!

For me giving back has been most reawarding..having giveaways...

Join my Artfful Offering and Read a great Interview at my site.

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Hopewell Youth said...

Just stumbled across your blog and LOVE it! You're so talented! :)

Kylar said...

I'm so glad you blog! I'm a student at BYU and to blow off steam I read through blogs and I love to see all the creative people in blogland. I wish I had more time to keep up my blog but for now I'll just read yours and be inspired!

Reunion Committee said...

well it's not for the free stuff .. hmph .. dont see any of that lol
I do it cause it's fun, an outlet and I have so much to say and people can't talk back if they dont like it. well not too much. haha
Tana

Anonymous said...

I started blogging to make money, but since that didn't work out I just started doing it for fun. I enjoy it a lot, and love having a community of other bloggers who I can turn to, not only for bloggy things, but for life experiences. It's a really great way to meet new people.

P.S.: I've been wanting to feature someone with an Etsy shop on my bog so bad, and I was wondering if you would like to do a guest post on your Etsy shop on my blog? Let me know what you think!