Sep 14, 2010

My New Favorite Thing : Painting my Nails

I have never been one to paint my nails.  I chew on them and the polish only looks good for the first day.  But, I have decided that I like it too much to let a little "chippage" ruin my fun.  I love all these ideas:

I think that red is my new favorite color on fingernails.  So classic and glamorous :)

I especially love red nails with blue and nautical clothing.



I also love black nails...even though that fad may be out now...

Really like both these girls...


...but whats with all the blowing kisses?...

Right now this gray is really in:


I love that, and also silver.

What are your favorite nail colors right now?

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

7 comments:

Reunion Committee said...

oh fun post!! I love the Rocker Chic OPI line for Sephora. These colors for the fall are wonderful. Dark purples, greys, beiges and the BEST red I have seen in a long while. It's called Fiercely Fabulous! You'll love it!
~Tana

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I seldom paint my nails (too much typing & dish washing leads to too much chipping). But I love to paint my toes. I tend to go for bright colors in summer (teals and purples) and more muted tones in winter (browns, plums).

Heather said...

Greys and taupes are my faves now! Check out OPIs barefoot in barcelona-perfect!

Anestazia said...

I've also been painting my nails a lot too. Right now, I usually tend to go towards neutral colors, but right now, I have an ice blue color on and I think I love it. :)

http://yourworkistodiscoveryourworld.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

OOO, I love it too!! On my way out now to do a bit of shopping, may just have to stop in Sally Beauty Supplies and pick myself up some maroon nail polish!

Jill GG said...

I am usually a clear or nude color type gal (for my finger nails at least!). If you want to avoid chip-age, try the new Sally Hansen Complete Manicure. It's got a brush that is really easy to use and I painted my nails Sunday and haven't seen one sign of chipping yet dishes, typing, cleaning included!

Michelle said...

Oh me too! My mom and aunt have always done their nails, always, even when it was not cool (90s!)...I might get a mani soon! OOH FUN!!! As you can imagine, as a painter...well, it only lasts so long, after a few days my mani looks like abstract art too.