Feb 26, 2013

To Vest or not to Vest?

So, the other day I decided I wanted to make something out of this fabric from Wholeport...



So I looked through my Pinterest boards and found this tutorial.


I loved that all it required me to do was make a couple cuts in my fabric!

So I did it, and came up with this:


And I thought...I'm never going to wear this...

So I made some socks out of it instead :)

Moral of the story:  always have a back-up plan, and make sure you have the right fabric for the right project.  It made some GREAT SOCKS though!  And, would have made some even greater scarves!

4 comments:

Aaron & Adrian said...

hahaha! Nice! I have done that before too. Love the new look on your blog! I have not checked it out until now.

Brian's mom said...

Hahaha! Where is the picture of the socks???

Meg {henninglove} said...

oh my gosh that print is amazing and i love that vest!! glad to have found your blog!

Natalie Smith said...

Love your blog make over too. I didn't think the vest was all that bad....but I would love the sock reveal!