Nov 13, 2013

Master Bedroom

First of all I have to start by saying that this room is not done!  There are so many things I still need to get or change about it, but since I don't see that happening in the near future, I thought I would share what we have so far...


Mirror- Ross $20




Headboard made by moi, tutorial HERE.  I think it cost about $20 for the batting and $8 for the wood...$2 for the fabric and another $3 for the buttons.  I cut up old couch cushions to get the foam.


Dust Ruffle- Ralph Lauren clearanced at Bed, Bath & Beyond $10
Picture frame- Goodwill $2, spray-painted white (picture taken by me @ Oregon Coast)


Pillows- Fabric from Home Fabrics on clearance $5
Lamps- Ikea $15 each (left one still needs to be "installed")
Side tables need to be replaced...missing a drawer pull...


I spent a grand total of about $100 on this room (including paint)  Everything else was a gift or hand-me-down!

I'll be posting this HERE
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

3 comments:

ibshell said...

So beautiful and serene! Holy amazing how you made that headboard. I'm so intimidated by tufting. Way to go!!! Also, are you from Oregon? That is where we are and I'm meeting up with a bunch of local bloggers tomorrow for lunch at Ikea. Hope that if you are around you could join us, if not this time, next!!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Beautiful bedroom makeover and for $100 - score! I'm featuring your room in this week's PoPP Spotlight.

Unknown said...

Super nice bedroom! Featured at http://www.placeofmytaste.com/2013/11/work-it-wednesday-no24.html. Hope you come and link up again with us!Hugs