Mar 7, 2017

New Year, New Skin


We have had some crazy weather here in Utah this last year.  We went from 72 degrees mid November to the 20's in a matter of a week!  Then had a very cold and gross - lots of inversion - December and January.  This did a number on my skin and since my skin has been having issues - acne, dryness and oiliness- I decided to go see my dermatologist about it.  I am so glad I did, because with the new products I am using my skin is 95% more clear and way more balanced!  Here are some things I have changed and some new products I am using:

First of all, I had to get over that feeling of having "squeaky clean" skin.  I was used to really scrubbing and using products made for teenagers that are really deep cleaning and harsh.  Now I use Cetaphil to cleanse and my dermatologist told me to just use my hands to wash for a while- no scrubbing.  



I noticed that I couldn't get off a lot of makeup by doing this, so I was really excited to find out about The Dew Puff.  It is really gentle and just helps get a little more makeup off at night.  I actually use it with Cetaphil, but you can also use it without any cleansers.


Second, I was finally able to find a moisturizer that didn't clog my pores.  Cerave facial lotion- for daytime with SPF 30.  I wear it day and night, but only on places that are dry or need the most sunscreen during the day.  


Third, I use Epidou to combat the acne I would still have.  I am pretty sure this is what is clearing up my skin mostly, but I think once my skin is more balanced I won't need it as much.  I use it mostly at night and sometimes in the morning on trouble spots.


I am still using the anti-aging products I talked about HERE.  I also use Aminocare every once in a while.  I use them mostly in my eye area and other places with fine lines, and on my neck.  I am seeing a lot of improvement!  

Hopefully these will help some of you if you are struggling with bad skin like I do!  Have a great week!



Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

No comments: